Our Newlywed Experience

Within the Body of Christ



Daily receiving life and grace from His constant hand:

"I said to the Lord, 'Thou art my Lord;

I have no good besides Thee.'" Ps 16:2



Friday, July 30, 2010

Wow… a blog? Seriously?


I’m not even excellent at keeping my facebook updated like I need to- what on earth has compelled me to blog???

Actually, I know very well by now that it was the Lord compelling me to blog. He is just so dang UNCONTAINABLE! It seems like not a day passes that I don’t experience Him..

In the mundane…

In the divine…

And it just won’t stay inside me!! It feels like my hair could just start screaming out how wonderful He is if my words didn’t!!



Yet still for the longest time I hesitated. Made excuses. Was silent (oh the pain of silence, it teaches in hindsight).

It’s actually a good deal after midnight (quite significant for this here ‘early-to-bed’ lil lady). Hub hub is snuggled and snoring peacefully away in our warm fluffy bed- and I’m sitting here on our chilly bathroom floor, not wanting the lights and clicking of my laptop to disturb him (which is ironic, cause that honey child could sleep through just about anything).




I’d been laying in bed-communing with my sweet Savior before drifting off to dreamland:

“Lord, You did it again, You did it again. You are so beautiful- You never fail. You are so very precious to me. I love You.”

“Tell someone. Let someone know, share Who I Am”

“But Lord (here we go..) : it’s so late. no one would care. it doesn’t really matter. people wouldn’t understand. ______ fill in the blank with some other lame excuse that I would be held accountable for one day soon…”

“Haven’t you learned the pain of silence? You’ve know the bitter ache of regret when you don’t speak my name, and you’ve have tasted the most precious of joys when you communicate me with one of My precious children.”




Not sure what will come, but for now don’t need to. Only to speak of Him. His name is Jesus- and we’re in love.

“For You I sing, I dance, rejoice in this divine romance, lift my heart and my hands to show my love, to show my love”

My much-longer-than-intended intro is complete, and my snoring hubby and soft bed are beckoning me :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

OHHH KATIE!!! Welcome to Blogger land!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE blogging and it is so much fun to go back and read your own blogs! it has become an online journal for me and I LOVE IT! It has become such a hobby for me and I am so glad you have joined the club especially since I will not see you on a regular basis anymore! I miss you guys so much and I cannot wait until we meet up and go on our double date!! Love you sweet friend!

Ellen said...

Katie,
So blessed to have you as a friend! I am looking forward to hearing all that you are experiencing in your new life and how God is using it to transform your heart! Thank you for listening to His call on your heart and doing it. I love you!

Ellen
Phil 1:3-11