Our Newlywed Experience

Within the Body of Christ



Daily receiving life and grace from His constant hand:

"I said to the Lord, 'Thou art my Lord;

I have no good besides Thee.'" Ps 16:2



Monday, January 16, 2012

Glory Follows Suffering

What.
In the world.
Am I doing up.
It’s 2:40 AM.
I worked for 9 hours Saturday in the ER.
After sleeping 4 hours Friday night.
Then worked 12 hours today (Sunday) in the ER.
And I have to work 12 hours tomorrow (Monday).
I came home tonight at 11:30 to find the completed presentation
I had done for Wednesday
DISAPPEARED.
I had a
MELTDOWN.
Sobbing. Mess. Would NOT even let Grayson comfort me.
He snuck me hot tea and fresh strawberries anyway.
And he sent up prayer as I sat snibbling
and started again from ground zero.
Y’all. That 5-hours-to-complete-initially presentation was done in fourty minutes.
And I praise and fear the Lord for that.
And I knew in that moment He wanted me. With Him. NOW.
No collapsing into bed. Abandoning that moment to Him instead.
So I listened to sweet Jennie tonight. And those Living life Words.
And sobbed. And sobbed.
And took. His Life. In.
It’s such a peculiar thing. After a moment with God.
It can’t just stay with me.
I have to tell. I have to tell. You have to know.
“But Jesus answered, ‘I tell you, if these become silent,
the stones will cry out!’” Luke 19:40
So here I am telling you. You.
"Behold, the Lamb of God
who takes away the sin of the world!”
John 1:29
I cry. I SOB. Out of shear EXHAUSTION.
And I can say in the midst of it
“Though He slay me,
I will hope in Him.”
Job 13:15
There is LIFE as we study Scripture. So if you aren’t yet a part of, or haven’t heard of, the I Peter Bible study. I encourage you to follow this link, and listen, learn, and LIVE.
“A Christian’s hope is a LIVING hope
because it is grounded on the LIVING Word of God
and made possible by the LIVING Son of God
who rose from the dead.”
-Jennie Edwards
Tucked, and living, in my heart thus far- I Peter 1:1-7
“Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To God’s elect, strangers in the world, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia,
who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you,
who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.
In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.
These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.”

“In the wasteland, a howling wilderness,

He encircled him, He instructed him,

He kept him as the apple of His eye.

As an eagle stirs up its nest, hovers over its young,

Spreading out its wings, taking them up,

Carrying them on its wings,



So the Lord alone led him.”


Deuteronomy 32:10-12

Blessings- Katie

No comments: