Our Newlywed Experience

Within the Body of Christ



Daily receiving life and grace from His constant hand:

"I said to the Lord, 'Thou art my Lord;

I have no good besides Thee.'" Ps 16:2



Monday, June 6, 2011

Dodgie Update

Thank you so much for your texts, messages, and even unspoken support.

Spent a while in Scripture and prayer this morning; it was all such a wild blurr.

The Lord heard our prayers this morning:

1. For Dodgie's Appointment Today - The results were as positive as they could be, Praise God. It did confirm that Dodgie has a Porto-systemic Shunt (which in itself is good to know what it is and thus that it is treatable). Dodgie has an extrahepatic shunt (the vessel goes around the liver before it enters the liver) which is much more favorable than an intrahepatic shunt (where the vessel enters the liver and leaves when it shouldn't). The surgical treatment is also much, much safer now than it used to be (they slowly close the vessel instead of clamping it off suddenly), and complications are much, much rarer than I realized.


"Exhale"


2. For my heart - I got to spend a lot of time with the Lord and in His Word this morning, and though I was in pain it was a very good thing. Lots of re-discovered treasures in His Word:

"Who has directed the Spirit of the LORD, Or as His counselor has informed Him? With whom did He consult and who gave Him understanding? And who taught Him in the path of justice and taught Him knowledge And informed Him of the way of understanding?  His understanding is inscrutable."  Isaiah 40: 13, 14, 28b

"Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways! For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who became His counselor? Or who has first given to Him that it might be paid back to him again? For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen." Romans 11:33-35

By the time I pulled in the vet's office to pick up Dodgie after his ultrasound and before I heard the vet's report, the Lord had brought my heart to a new place. "Lord if You need to hurt me to bring us closer together or others closer to You, so be it. You've always known and done what is best for me, even when its suffering."

It was a morning of answered prayer. Praise God that He is a Lord of listening and action, seen and unseen.

"When all that is good falls apart,

what can good people do?

The LORD is in his holy temple;

the LORD sits on his throne in heaven.

Your ways, O God are holy."

Psalm 11:3-4; 77:13


Stay tuned for Cayman preview pics, and let me know if I can be lifting anything before God for you.

Blessings - Katie

No comments: