Our Newlywed Experience

Within the Body of Christ



Daily receiving life and grace from His constant hand:

"I said to the Lord, 'Thou art my Lord;

I have no good besides Thee.'" Ps 16:2



Friday, June 10, 2011

Fab Fun Friday!!!

Because its Friday...

And because the last posts were "heavy"...

Today's post is going to be light and fresh and fun!!!!

Enjoy!!! :D

What I'm Crushing On: Interior Design Blogs and all things Interior Design. Do I have the time or the cash to buy most of these products and do most of these projects?!? No. But it's crazy fun building up ideas ;)

Exhibit A: "Garden Stools"


Although I'm crazy in love with everything about this entryway that the girls at sadie + stella put together -that little white stool on the bottom totally caught my eye. Turns out the stool is called a "Garden Stool" - and I cannot wait to get my hands on one!



And here's another Garden Stool! I will own one. Also loving the desk, lemon-filled apothecary jar, and the botanical print.

Exhibit B: "Porch Day Beds"



What I would GIVE to be able to plop down on one of these and sleep study on a sweet Southern afternoon!
I love the thick cable rope on this swing and how the frame is painted red.



Really liking the thick frame on this one...
Maybe Hubby and Daddy could build me one? Because they love me? And because I study so hard? And because they love me?

What we're Eating:

After returning from my parent's house a few weeks ago, I noticed a strange baggie in the back of my car. Little lumps of dirt-covered thingies... It didn't take me long to figure out...


New potatoes, fresh out of the soil.

As a doctor's daughter in a rural Southern town, hardly a week passed without one of Daddy's precious patients giving us farm eggs, blueberries, tomatoes, peppers, cakes, pies, etc, etc, etc.

I cannot wait until I myself am practicing medicine and receiving these heartfelt, home-grown goodies from my patients ;)

Sooo what to do with these darlings??? I just happened to stumble upon the GREATEST recipe over at White on Rice Couple.

Brace yourselves.......




It was... beyond aweseome...
Instead of frying the potato wedges, I tossed them in olive oil, salt, and pepper and roasted them in the oven. Mmm, I could've eaten them all just like that.

You serve it with homemade chili, scalions, and grated cheese.



Did it EVER do those lil farm potatoes some justice...

What I'm Reading:

Back to childhood!!! For my birthday on March 18th (which you already knew) Grayson got me the Chronicles of Narnia book set.



I desparately needed a light, easy break from all the intense school books I'd been in. Though I was somewhat wrong in thinking this would be a "light" read...

The last time I read this, I was a little girl. Mama would read a chapter or so to me at night. My memories of these books were purely romantic and fairy-tale like (which is ok!!!) but...

Fast-forward 15 years. Years of walking, and falling, and getting back up, and learning with Christ. This C. S. Lewis read has taken on entire new meaning. I cry over the simplest circumstances in this book and the wealth of meaning behind them. But I won't even scratch the surface of that here, because I promised this would be a "light" post ;D  But if you've never read (not watched, READ) this series- Go. Now. And get these books.

Also reading -


The Sacred Romance by Brent Curtis and John Eldredge. I'm only on the third chapter, but it has been such a beautiful book. It takes you pretty deep...

And finally Where We've Been:

My husband and I, along with my whole family, just got back from a week-long, wonderful, MOST NEEDED trip to Grand Cayman. Here is a sneak preview... I am most daunted by the fact that there are 1054 (repeat 1054) photos/videos on my camera and I don't know where to BEGIN sharing!

So I'll begin here ;)

We stayed here...
All week...

And snorkled...

And ate...
And snorkled some more...
And ate some more...

The End

Ha! I'll put up MUCH more later :)

"My soul magnifies the Lord.And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.  For He who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is His Name... He has helped His servant. God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus."

Luke 1: 46, 47, 49, 54; Galatians 6:14



Blessings - Katie ;)

1 comment:

Michaela said...

Aww, I happen to love design blogs too (: hehe my porjects are cheap and don't take long! I love the image of the porch! I'd kill for that (: